Documentations are the vital part of your trip. Based on the information you record in these documents will help you to assess whether you will enjoy your trip safely or you might need to call off.
Trip documentTrip document has your basic details such as your name, address, emergency contacts, blood group, etc. It is vital as I’m ‘O’ negative blood human and in case of any emergency they can arrange for blood. The same goes for any other medical emergency or situation where your basic information is required. Please see Resources section to download the sample.
WeatherIt is always good to prepare a document or know weather conditions a few days prior and on your journey dates. I made a mistake and went to summer in peak Typhoon season. Lesson learned here.
Avoid going to Japan in August and September or you will face 36 degrees and there is always the danger of typhoons.
Day by day itineraryPrepare a detailed itinerary and help yourself by avoiding last moment confusion and decision making. I visited Japan without any accommodation and trip itinerary. It was always difficult to decide and go to places without this. It’s not bravery, it’s stupidity.
Things to do with priority assignedList down all the activities/experiences you want to cover when you are there. I wanted to try Capsule hotels and Onsen. I assigned priority to them and I completed these two experiences. The priority is rough and can help you in a situation where you want to give up a few experiences (happens when you travel). I wanted to get ink and then realized that it might be unpleasant for Japanese.
Things to consider -
- Please be careful and respectful about foreign country's cultural values.
Following are the visa documents you will need to submit to the Consulate General of Japan or Embassy of Japan. I applied in Bengaluru and the process was smooth and you will find helpful Indian staff.
You don’t need to make an appointment, you can directly walk-in and submit your documents.
After 7 days or a given date, you can collect the passport from the same place. Though the timing for submitting visa application and collection is different.
Good news! There is no interview for your tourist visa.
- Passport should be valid for at least three months from the date of expiry of visa with more than 2 blank pages
- Visa application form to be filled and signed by the applicant
- Two recent color photographs with following specification -
- Matt finish
- 45x45 mm
- White background
- 80% face coverage
- Cover letter stating purpose and duration of the stay
- Tour itinerary
- Proof of airlines reservation of return trip
- Proof of accommodation including name and phone number of hotel
- Bank statement of last 6 months
- ITR (Income Tax Return) of last 3 years
- 3 months company's salary slip
- Copy of PAN card or any other central government ID
- Address proof (I brought my Driving License)
All the sample documents are downloadble from Resources section.
Things to consider -
- Always check if your prints are fitted on paper and not cut. My 30 pages bank statement was cut by one column and I re-printed it again.
- Go to the consulate/embassy early in the morning, I went at 9:00 AM. The business begins at 08:30 AM.
- The rental agreement is not considered as your proof. Please take other documents.